At MotoSeller we believe that Trust Scores™ represent the cornerstone of building a safe and friendly community in which to buy and sell. Sometimes online anonymity blurs trust, so we want to allow users, who are willing, to safely share more about who they are with us to help foster a buy & sell community based on honesty and trust. By verifying of a few things and completing their profile they will increase the likelihood that others want to deal with them and improve their ranking in our search results.
Use caution if a user has a very low Trust Score™. Scores range between 1-100 where a score of 1, for example, simply means the users email address works and no other effort or action was taken to verify or share anything else about themselves… so how serious can they really be about buying or selling? Further, we know from experience that Zombies rarely score higher then 1 :-)
Kidding aside, ads with higher associated scores will be promoted above lower scores in our search results, thus rewarding the efforts of those who participate more.
A Trust Score™ is presented as a numerical value calculated and assigned to all users whether buying or selling. Points are awarded for completing tasks related to providing us with identifiable information. Each task is weighed in terms of it’s value as set by our algorithm.
The combination of points given for these tasks/indicators enables us to generate a comprehensive user Trust Score.
Only some information is made available to other registered users and we never sell member profile information. Buyers and sellers alike tell us they find Trust Scores™ useful when deciding who to interact with on MotoSeller. It provides a quick metric on what we know based on their verifications.
Trust Scores™ are not an proven endorsement or guarantee of someone’s identity or trustworthiness. Always use common sense and exercise caution on “too good to be true” deals. Low prices and overseas owner related stories are likely false. Meeting locally face to face in a public area to view a vehicle is always best.
1) FIRST check the seller's Trust Score out of 100? Use caution if very low!
2 Is Price to good to be true?
3) Never wire funds via Western union Money Gram or any other wire service.
4) MotoSeller.com is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, or offer "buyer protection" or "seller certification".
5) Never give out financial information (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
6) Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services.
7) Ebay protection and escrow services do not extend to MotoSeller.com or any other 3rd party website! Only Auctions on Ebay.
8) Avoid deals if vehicle is not where it was advertised, or now overseas or out of state or the seller not able to talk directly with you?
9) Ask seller if they can send you additional photos. If they can't or if they make excuses regarding not having physical access to the vehicle, it may be a scam.
10) Deal locally with people you can meet in person.
11) Report suspicious ads to us ASAP.